A list of previous and upcoming public presentations for school groups, special interest societies, Science Week events, radio interviews and more.
- Official launch of Palaeo Jam, a new Australian podcast (live recording), listen here.
- World Science Festival Brisbane “Palaeontology Reimagined” *POSTPONED*
- Radio interviews (ABC Sydney, ABC Canberra) about living fossils
- Interview with Amanda Vanstone on “Counterpoint” (from 39 min.)
- “Seeing Things Differently” guest talk for Micro-X Science Week event (Tonsley).
- “My Science Rulz, Your Science Droolz” Science Week event (The Gov).
- “Straight Talks” presentation at Seaford Secondary School.
- Flinders University Ecology, Evolution & Environment Seminar “Fishy brains and fossil endocasts: early vertebrate neural adaptations to life on land“
- Guest interviewee on “The Backpacker’s Guide To Prehistory” podcast.
- Connecting Women in STEM, online event organised by Thebarton College.
- Radio Interviews (Radio Adelaide, ABC Radio Bega, NITV)
- Lightning Keynote at Women in STEM Breakfast, STEM Enrichment Academy.
- Inspiring women in STEM, Flaxmill Primary School, (postponed due to COVID)
- STEAM Week, Woodend Primary School
- “X-ray Fossils” CSIRO Stem Professionals in Schools, Happy Valley Primary School.
- “Marsupial Skulls” CSIRO Stem Professionals in Schools, Happy Valley Primary School.
- Interviewed by Prof. Flint from Dinosaur University to celebrate the great Mary Anning’s 221st birthday.
- Invited speaker, Butterfly Conservation SA monthly meeting, “Brain evolution of fossil fish and the first tetrapods“.
- Radio interview, The Wire, with Lachlan McPherson.
- A thank you to the Flinders University donor community for Impact Seed Funding.
- Panellist, Flinders Brave public lecture, Alere Function Centre.
- “Dr Alice – Fossil Hunter” CSIRO Stem Professionals in Schools, Happy Valley Primary School.
- Invited speaker, Science in the Pub – Great Evolutionary Transformations, Rob Roy Hotel, Adelaide.
- Invited speaker, A Story of the Motherfish, Marine Discovery Centre, Henley Beach, Adelaide.
- Interviewed by David Bevan on ABC Adelaide “Mornings” (listen here from 34min)
- Panellist, For the Love of Science, by The Science Nation, The Royal Institution of Australia.
- Invited Speaker, Palaeo in the Pub, “Old Four Legs – the evolutionary history of the coelacanth”, with Prof. Richard Cloutier and Dr Hugo Dutel.
- Presenter, Super Daughter Day exploring STEM with girls aged 5-12, Work180 Melbourne. (*Read my blog on the Work180 website here).
- Invited speaker, Adelaide Planetarium ‘Supernovas’ monthly meeting with ‘Fish, Fossils and Brains’.
- Featured on the children’s science TV show, Scope (Channel 10)
- Panellist, Science Says!, an event designed to educate and entertain from The Science Nation, held at The Royal Institution of Australia.
- Filmed segment for TV about our work on Ligulalepis.
- 10 minute live radio interview on ABC Radio Hobart Breakfast with Ryk Goddard about my research investigating the stem-osteichthyan, Ligulalepis.
- Invited Speaker, Palaeo in the Pub, ‘Once we were fish – exploring our piscine origins’, with Dr Brian Choo and Prof John Long.
- Live radio interview for Radio National Breakfast with Fran Kelly about my recent research into lungfish brains.
- 2010: Invited Speaker, Field Naturalist Club of Victoria. Seminar about fieldwork and recent fossil finds from the Gogo Formation.
- 2009: Live radio interview on Einstein a go-go (RRR 102.7fm, weekly science show) about a new fossil lungfish, Melbourne.
- 2009: Presenter, South Australia Museum ‘Palaeo-Week’. Seminar for High School students and the general public about palaeontology and careers in science.